The following is a list of current job openings at CDTA. To apply for a specific job listed, please click the "Apply Now" link to apply online.
If you have previously applied on-line with CDTA and would like to make changes or updates, please click the following link to log on:
CDTA Employment Opportunities Log In
If you have questions about applying On-Line with CDTA check out our,
On-Line Application Frequently Asked Questions.
Have questions or need more information please contact our Human Resources team.
Phone: (518) 437-8300
Email: Human Resources
Employment Opportunities feed
Manager of Communications
The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Manager of Communication position. The position will develop and execute CDTA communication programs, coordinate customer services and outreach; assist with marketing efforts. Duties are carried out in a fast-paced environment, while handling a wide range of responsibilities.
- Manage internal and external communication programs; includes messaging for company publications, website and other mediums.
- Develop high-level relationships with the media and communication outlets, serving as company spokesperson as needed
- Develop a strategic plan to achieve positive publicity and enhance corporate image
- Editor of CDTA’s quarterly in-house newsletter, iride Express.
- Manage customer and employee notification process, and support awareness campaigns.
- Develop network of speaker and presentation opportunities
- Develop partnerships and coordinate outreach programs; includes events and promotions
- Represent CDTA Authority at public events and functions.
- Write and edit company news releases, annual report, informational brochures, customer notices, website communications and direct mail pieces to support CDTA promotion and public image programs.
- Coordinate communication and image campaigns alongside business opportunities to promote the use of CDTA services and programs to reach customers, stakeholders, and employees.
- Manager day-to-day social media customer/market interaction, including but not limited to Twitter accounts, Facebook pages, Instagram accounts & YouTube
- Other duties as provided.
Education and Prior Work Experience
Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree, preferably in English, journalism, marketing or communications.
Salary Range: $45,000-$69,000
CDTA offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, vision, vacation, tuition assistance, participation in the New York State pension system and a fun, supportive work environment.
Download job description
Bus Operator Positions
Do you enjoy driving and working with the public? If so CDTA could be the employer of choice for you!
- Valid NYS drivers license with good record, CDL B, with full Passenger & Air Brakes REQUIRED. At this time we are not accepting CDL B permits.
- A minimum of 5 years auto driving experience with a good driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass 19A medical examinationExcellent Customer
hours and varied days including weekends & holidays. Flexibility is a must!!!
We offer a paid training program, job stability, opportunity for FT advancement after training, and an excellent benefits package.
Starting salaries of $15.70 hr with increase potential to $22.39 in 18 months.
Experienced Technicians (Diesel Mechanic)
Are you motivated, dependable and searching for a company with stability and career growth? If so, CDTA could be the employer for you!!!
To qualify, we are looking for candidates with:
- 5–10 years heavy-duty mechanic experience (bus and or truck preferred) and/or a two-year technical degree in HD diesel mechanics.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: Electronic control engines, transmissions, disc & air brake systems, electrical, computer diagnostics, independent suspensions and HAVAC.
- Must own complete set of tools
- Must pass our mechanical aptitude test.
- Valid NYS Drivers license with good record, CDL B, with full Passenger & Air Brakes preferred. Will accept permits with ability to pass Road Test..
We offer a starting salary of $22.59 hour with excellent opportunity for advancement.
A complete benefits package including: Health, dental and life insurance, earned vacation leave, paid holidays, pension plan and attendance bonus program.
1st, 2nd and 3rd shift availability a must.
All Other Employment Opportunities Have Been Filled
Thank you for your interest in the employment opportunities at CDTA. Check back frequently for updates.