Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) is available all fixed route buses. RTPI takes the guesswork out of waiting and puts the power of riding in the customer’s hands by using Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) software to determine bus location and speed.
Customers will be able to access real time transit information for CDTA fixed route services through the free CDTA iride mobile applications, the web and google maps. Here is a list of all available resources.
- CDTA Route Schedules (www.cdta.org/routes-and-schedules) - Route Information and Real Time Stop Arrival
- CDTA iRide on iTunes - CDTA Real Time Arrivals, Trip Planning, Maps and Alers for iOS Devices (Apple)
- CDTA iRide on Google Play - CDTA Real Time Arrivals, Trip Planning, Maps and Alers for Android devices (Samsung, HTC, Motorola)
- Google Maps - Web Based Transit Maps for mobile and desktop
- Google Maps on iTunes - Transit directions for iOS Devices
- Google Maps on Google Play - Transit directions for Android Devices
- CDTA Trip Planner
- Contact CDTA’s Call Center via telephone (518) 482-8822 or online http://www.cdta.org/contact .
Customers will now see a gray clock icon near a route that indicates real time information is available. Real time is currently not available on Northway Xpress service.
Real time passenger information has been available to Bus Rapid Transit BusPlus customers since its inception in 2011. Customers can access real time information by downloading the free BusPlus application for devices operating on Apple and Android platforms. Customers can also access BusPlus real time passenger information through digital signage at stations, online, through text messaging, and via e-mail.
CDTA tracks its vehicles using GPS devices to report bus location data back to its servers. This information allows CDTA to estimate when the buses will arrive at a stop. If a bus goes off its regular route, the system may not be able to fully predict accurate arrival times.