Bus Plus Service
BUS Rapid Transit Service on Route 5
What is BusPlus?
BusPlus, CDTA's version of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), is a limited stop service along the 17-mile stretch of Route 5 between downtown Albany and downtown Schenectady. BusPlus combines benefits of commuter rail with flexibility and cost advantages of buses, offering limited stop operation which move customers quickly and efficiently.
What makes BusPlus different?
- Faster Service: BusPlus will reduce the number of stops by 80%, significantly shortening travel times.
- Frequency: BusPlus buses will arrive at regular times throughout the day and evening with extra service during peak periods. A one-seat ride between Albany and Schenectady will have limited stops for shorter travel times.
- Convenience: BusPlus stations provide shelter and security plus customers will benefit from shared-use, park-n-ride lots along the route.
- Accessibility: BusPlus vehicles are low-floor, no-step buses for easy and quick boarding with bike racks on the front for easy storage.
- Environmental: Hybrid technology adds to the environmental benefits, while LED lighting on the buses allow for easy recognition.
Looking for more information about BusPlus check out our complete Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to sign up for real time alerts, click here
You can also review a complete list of the service changes from April 3rd, 2011 Route 5 Service Changes