We are looking to fill an IT Project Manager, Scheduling Systems Administator position. Working at CDTA, you will be a part of a team that provides essential services to the Capital Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Project Manager, Scheduling Systems Administrator has primary responsibility for the integrity and performance of the Authority’s enterprise application, HASTUS. Functions include fixed route scheduling, time & attendance, operator bidding, yard management, customer information, and others. Responsibilities include project management of new system implementations, the development and administration of the Authority’s geographic information systems, upgrades to existing applications, ongoing application development, process improvement activities, and the integration of scheduling systems with other CDTA enterprise systems.
General IT Project Management
- Ensure the efficient organization of project activities (technical coordination, project meetings, cooperation with the project stakeholders, budget and schedule)
- Manage all communications and project activities important to CDTA Board of Directors, Senior Staff and third-party project stakeholders.
- Report project progress and performance metrics to management.
- Perform other general project management duties, as required.
General IT Management and System Administration
- Manage continued development of Hastus applications. Includes implementation of new modules and developing system functionality. May include training, business process reviews, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of application modules and related systems.
- Lead staff person for the application administration of planning and fixed route scheduling software including Vehicle, Minbus, Crew, CrewOpt, Roster, NetPlan, Rider, and ATP.
- Optimize system performance, perform software updates, provide technical support and maintenance.
Customer and CDTA Support Applications Administration
- Lead staff person for the administration of data feeds for all customer facing scheduling applications, including trip planners, Google/Bing, real time information, schedule information on CDTA.org, on board bus information and announcements, printed schedules, operator navigation, customer complaints, HastInfo for trip planning, and Hastop for posters.
Transportation and Maintenance Applications Administration
- Lead staff person for the application administration of crewing, daily work assignment, time and attendance, yard management, employee performance system and operator pick applications including Bid, BidWeb, Daily Crew, Daily Vehicle, Self Service, Employee Performance Manager (EPM), YardAssistant, and Connect.
Geographic Information System Applications Administration
- Lead staff person for the analysis of geographic data from external systems using ArcGIS, ArcGISOnline, and related GIS tools.
- Lead staff person responsible for Hastus GEO for fixed route vehicle schedule and map data, and the interface of data between Hastus and CAD/AVL systems.
- Lead staff person responsible for the development of all maps on CDTA.org.
- Supporting role with information management, quality assurance, business process improvement, data cleansing and strategic planning initiatives.
- Supporting role producing reports using SQL query/reporting tools for monitoring data quality, performance measurement and archiving purposes, as required.
- Supporting role in maintaining database integrity and performance of scheduling applications.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in systems and/or software application support.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in information systems, GIS, Planning or related field. Master’s degree is desirable.
- Experience in transit environment is preferable, but not a requirement.
- IT systems administration and project management
- Data analysis, information management and administration
- Relational database and basic SQL
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Basic statistical process control methods (Lean methods preferred)
- Basic disaster recovery concepts
- Data publishing methods (tables, graphs, GIS mapping, web postings)
- Ability to work independently and to communicate effectively
CDTA offers medical, dental and vision coverage along with a pension plan, life insurance coverage and paid time off.
At CDTA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CDTA believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Description PDF: it_project_manager_-_scheduling_systems_administrator_jd_2023_.pdf