June 29, 2009
(Albany, NY) – The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) announces the launch of its Why iride video contest inviting the public to submit their own video demonstrating the benefits of riding CDTA.
The winning video will be showcased at the Ballston Spa Film Festival, August 6-8, 2009, where short films from around the world will be judged by professional local and Hollywood filmmakers, and also featured on the CDTA website. In addition to film festival exposure, the winner will receive a free year’s supply of CDTA 31 Day Rolling passes (Valued at $780.00) and a $200.00 Best Buy gift certificate toward a gift of their choice.
Primary contest rules are as follows:
• Video submissions must demonstrate the benefits of riding CDTA. (One submission per person. Creativity counts. CDTA employees are ineligible to compete.)
• Video titles must begin with “iride CDTA”. Example: iride CDTA: Greening our Corner of the World.
• Videos must be limited to 2 minutes in length and be suitable for all audiences.
• Contestants must upload the video to YouTube.
• Contestants must enter their video into the contest by either filling out the form found on http://www.cdta.org/youtube/ or emailing the link to email@example.com along with their contact information, including name, address, telephone and email address. Videos are due by Monday, July 27, 2009.
• Videos will be linked to http://www.cdta.org/youtube/ and favorite on CDTA’s You Tube site www.youtube.com/iridecdta.
The public is invited to view the videos and cast their favorite “Why iride” video vote at http://www.cdta.org/youtube/ or at www.youtube.com/iridecdta. Votes must be cast by Monday, August 3, 2009. One lucky voter’s name will be randomly drawn to win a free 31 Day Rolling Pass. Winners will be announced at the Ballston Film Festival and on the CDTA website with prizes awarded after festival ends.
For more information regarding the Ballston Spa Film Festival, visit www.bspafilm.com.