Following the pandemic it is clear that the Capital Region has rediscovered transit. CDTA ridership has already rerturned to pre pandemic levels thanks to continued work that is supported by state, federal and partner investment in the services we provide and the products we offer. CDTA will continue to work meet increased demand for service and would like to remind everyone that you can participate in the legislative process to encourage more transit investment. Together, we can make sure our communities have the quality and depth of services to continue growing to meet regional needs.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Write to your local legislators explaining why CDTA services are important to you and why additional funding will improve life across the Capital Region. A sample letter is available here:
To find your local New York State Assembly member, type in your zip code here
To find your local New York State Senator member, type in your address and zip code here
- Contact the local media. Write letters to the editor and share positive stories about how transit benefits you or someone you know in our community.
- Take public transit, even if it is just occasionally, to save money and the environment.
- Implement and coordinate a transit benefit program where you work. Whether it is development of a Universal Access program that provudes your organization with complimentary access to the CDTA route network or joining CDTA’s Corporate Navigator program, public transit benefits offer a great recruitment tool that saves money.
- Encourage developers to continue including transit infrastructure elements in their plans and business owners to locate where strong transit services already exist. It is often costly to provide transit services to suburban and rural areas where there is limited demand. Business that locate in areas not served by transit automatically restrict their employee pool but can be enhanced with Universal Access programming.
- Join the CDTA workforce and feel good about contributing to the greater good. We are always looking for people are needed to keep our services running. Consider becoming a bus operator or mechanic or refer someone you know. CDTA values diversity, offers training, professional growth opportunities and liberal benefits.