The CDTA Finance Department is looking to add an Accountant to its dynamic and growing team! This person will be primarily focused on financial reporting, withdrawal processing as well as accounts payable for Grants, Capital Project Funds and Authority Projects.
Additional responsibilities include oversight of the following:
- Assist in developing and maintaining the computerized general ledger, which includes entering standard journal entries and fixed assets.
- Responsible for CDTA Facilities, Inc. financial activities. This includes supervising the invoicing to tenants and the collection of payments, approving payments to external vendors, monitoring cash flow, preparation of the monthly sales tax return and overseeing the reconciliation of parking revenue.
- Responsible for Access Transit Inc. financial activities. This includes monthly invoicing to Counties- and approving payments to external vendors.
- Supervise receipt of W-9’s and 1099-Misc. process and reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and activities as well as creating journal entries.
- Assist with Year End Financial process.
- Provide support and back up to the Comptroller.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting. A CPA is highly desired but not required. Must have excellent computer skills including the ability to generate complex financial reports. Proven ability to reconcile accounts and excellent problem-solving skills are required for this position.
CDTA offers competitive salaries, health, dental, vision and life insurance to its employees. All Authority positions include membership in the NYS Retirement System and opportunity to join NYS Deferred Compensation. We offer excellent paid time off benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement.
Authority Grade 616,
Range $56,275.43 - $70,907.04
It is the policy of the Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CDTA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. EEO Officer - Stephanie Belokopitsky (518) 437-8380