We are accepting resumes for a Transportation Business Analyst position in the Information Technology Department. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology.
General Description of Duties
The Transportation Business Analyst (TBA) has primary responsibility for analyzing and optimizing the performance of fixed route and paratransit services. This position falls under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, and works closely with the Director of Transportation, Manager of Fixed Route Scheduling and Paratransit Scheduler.
On a daily basis, the TBA will focus on implementing business process improvements for the Transportation Department. To accomplish this, the TBA will engage internal and external stakeholders (such as Maintenance, Operations, Safety & Training, Facilities, Planning, IT), identify needs and gather data, confirm and document existing conditions and processes, identify gaps with best practices, recommend and refine solutions, implement process changes, and audit/validate results.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 4 years’ management experience.
• Experience with transportation projects and conducting business process improvement projects, preferably using enterprise technology tools.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Planning, Public Administration or Accounting, Business Management or related field. Master’s degree is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time position
- Medical, Dental, Vision opttions
- Enrollment in the New York State Pension Plan
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Fun and supportive work enviornment with career development options