CDTA is committed to providing progressive technology solutions to improve operations, and provide the best customer experience possible. Passenger amenities include real time arrival information, Wi-Fi connectivity, vehicle location systems, smart card fare collection, and infotainment displays.
We are looking for someone to manage this work and help us continue to grow and develop our technology platforms on and off the road. The purpose of this position is to ensure that CDTA’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) infrastructure is functioning reliably and efficiently. This requires management of internal and external resources, as well as “hands on” technical capacity.
- Maintenance and administration of ITS Technologies on busses and at external locations
- Project management for new ITS technologies
- Process improvement management
- Deploy updates, patches and upgrades
- Manage daily scheduled and unscheduled work
- Manage ITS maintenance staff to coordinate vehicle equipment repairs
- Manage ITS strategic plan for meeting organizational goals
- Manage and maintain documentation of ITS Infrastructure
- Administer warranties, expedite support/problem resolution
- Perform other technical duties with in the Information Technology Department as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Project, work, and resource management skills
- IT system administration
- Experience installing, configuring, and monitoring routers and switches in large quantities (250+)
- Experience monitoring remote end points such as PC’s, modems, signs, cameras, and kiosks
- Experience supporting system infrastructure implementations to include troubleshooting networking, routing, and interconnectivity issues
- Experience supporting Ethernet and/or TCP/IP environments
- Knowledge and experience managing and supporting multiple systems in a multi-user environment
- Data analysis, information management and administration
- Relational databases and SQL query language (MS-SQL preferred)
- Basic disaster recovery concepts
- Experience managing work/personnel in a shop and/or union environment is beneficial.
- Data publishing methods (tables, graphs, web)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, yet ability to work independently