What is a Navigator?
CDTA's Navigator is your passport to exploring the Capital Region! Our new secure, reloadable smart cards and mobile apps are making transit smarter, faster and better than ever!
Common questions about Navigator Mobile App that will help you out:
Why should I switch to the Navigator Mobile App?
- More Convenience – Navigator allows you to load products online anytime, over the phone, or by visiting our retail network. Customers can set up autoload on their account to ensure uninterrupted service.
- More Security – When registered, your Navigator balance is protected if the card or mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Daily Cap (Best Fare) – Pay As You Go automatically charges the “best fare” ($1.30), so you never pay more than the cost of a day pass ($3.90).
- More Rewards – Customer loyalty will be rewarded with special offers, discounts, contests, and promotions. The more you ride the more you receive.
Faster Boarding – Smart cards and mobile tickets will expedite boarding, leading to quicker trips to get you where you need to go
Where can I use a Navigator Mobile App?
Navigator smart cards may be used to pay for rides on CDTA buses, including all regular route, BusPlus, and NX commuter service.
Where do I get the Navigator app?
At this point the App is in Pilot and is available via invite only. You may sign up for the pilot here:
Online: www.Mobile App Pilot Form.
- Online: www.Mobile App Pilot Form.
Why do I need to create an account to use the Navigator App?
When you create an account using your email address you see the following benefits:
- Ensure that any passes or Pay as You Go balances are protected in case you lose your phone.
- Ability to transfer passes or Pay as You Go balances to a new phone.
- Store credit card information securely in the application for re-purchase.
- Access order information and updates online at nav.cdta.org
Access ridership history reports.
What fares can I add to my Navigator App?
Two fare products can be loaded onto your Navigator mobile app.
- Frequent Rider - Just like the 31-Day Rolling Swiper, this monthly pass is valid for 31 days of unlimited rides from the first day of use for just $65.
Pay As You Go - It’s like having cash on your card! Each ride will cost $1.30 for first three rides of the day, while the fourth and up are free for the rest of the day. That means that you will never pay more than the cost of a day pass ($3.90). Customers can add as much value as they would like by visiting a retail outlet. Minimum online Pay As You Go purchase value is $10.
Is Half Fare Products available on the Navigator Mobile App?
Not at this time, only Full Fare products are available. Half fare products will be available in a future release.
Is AutoBuy available on the Navigator App?
Not at this time, but your credit card information can be stored for quick and easy future purchases on the mobile application.
Are the Navigator card and the Navigator Mobile App interchangeable?
Not at this time. The Pay as You Go balance and/or Frequent rider pass on your Navigator Card is separate from the balance or pass on your Navigator Mobile Application. In the future the Pay as You Go balance will be available across both.
Does the Navigator Mobile App integrate with Apple Pay or Google Wallet?
No it does not you must activate the 31 Day Frequent Rider ticket or Pay as You ticket within the Navigator mobile app. Once the ticket is activated you have 5 minutes to scan the mobile ticket on the bus.
How do you Activate and Scan the ticket on the bus?
This example is for Pay as You Go Ticket, using the 31 Day Pass are the same set of steps
- Tap the My Navigator button on the Application’s Home Screen
- Tap the Pay As You Go option.
- Tap the Single Ride - 1 Rider Pay As You Go pass.
- Tap Yes option on Activate Pass prompt
- Scan the QR Code shown on the bus, there will also be a countdown timer that shows you how long the ticket is active for (5 minutes)
How do I transfer my Mobile Navigator Card to a New Phone?
On your existing phone
- Open up the Navigator App on your current phone.
- Tap My Navigator
- Tap Card Management (yellow button under the card image)
- Tap Transfer Card to Another Device
- Type in your account Password
- You card / account will now be removed the current device.
On your new phone
- Install the Navigator App.
- Open up the Navigator App.
- Tap My Navigator.
- Log in to your existing account, Type in your email address and account Password.
- A pop will be shown to Retrieve Card tap the RETRIEVE button.
- You should now see you existing card on your new phone.