August 05, 2016
Service Changes Begin Sunday, August 28, 2016
ALBANY, NY (August 5, 2016) The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) has announced a comprehensive package of service enhancements that will take effect on Sunday, August 28, 2016. This is the largest set of service enhancements the Authority has rolled out in the past five years.
Most of these enhancements will improve service frequency, adding buses and capacity for customers. The plan adds more than 16,000 hours of service to key ridership generators, including two of our most productive corridors (Central Avenue and Washington Avenue). A couple of routes have been identified for modification to provide more efficient service throughout the community.
Service Improvements: Click Below to See New Bus Schedule
- Route #10 (Western Avenue): Weekday frequency between 1:30pm-3pm will increase from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes.
- Route #12 (Washington Avenue): Weekday frequency between 2pm-6pm during UAlbany school year will increase from every 10 minutes to every 8 minutes.
- Route #22 (Albany-Troy-Watervliet): Weekday frequency will be improved throughout the day, mostly increasing from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes.
- Route #85 (Waterford-Troy): Weekday frequency between 7pm-9:30pm will increase from every 45 minutes to every 30 minutes. Sunday service will operate from 8am-9:30pm.
- Route #100 (Mid-City Belt): Weekday frequency between 6am-7:30am and 10am-2:30pm will increase from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes. Sunday service will operate from 7:45am-9:45pm.
- Route #370 (Troy-Schenectady): Frequency on Saturday between 8am-5pm will increase from every 60 minutes to every 40 minutes.
- Route #905 (Albany-Schenectady): Weekday frequency will be improved throughout the day, mostly increasing from every 12 minutes to every 10 minutes. Weeknight service will extend to 1:15 a.m.
- Route #116 (Mt. Hope/Albany South End): Weekday trips between 10:10am-11:18am and 1:10pm-1:55pm will be discontinued.
- Route #155 (Suburban Circulator): Weekday trips between 9:00am-11:15am, 12:30pm-2:15pm, and after 6:30pm will be discontinued. Weeknight service remains from 10:15pm-11:45pm. Saturday service between 6am-7pm will be reduced from 45 to 90 minutes.
- Route #13 (New Scotland Avenue): Rerouted from Holland Avenue to provide direct service to Albany Medical Center via Madison Avenue and New Scotland Avenues from Lark Street.
- Route #114 (Madison/Washington): Current service between Madison Avenue and Allen Street along Main and Washington Avenue will be replaced with service along Western and Allen.
- Route #182 (Troy-Cohoes-Latham): Minor time adjustments will be made throughout the schedule to improve service reliability.
- Route #351 (VanVranken and Broadway): Franklin Street stops will be removed. Reroute along State Street.
- Route#763 (Albany/Schenectady): Rerouted to access Western Avenue from Madison Avenue via West Lawrence Street.
For more information about these changes or to see schedules, visit www.cdta.org or call 482-8822 to speak with a customer service representative. CDTA’s Customer Service Center is open seven days a week from 6am-7pm on weekdays, 8am-6pm Saturdays; 8am-5pm on Sundays and holidays. Stay connected with CDTA by visiting facebook.com/CDTAiride or follow us on twitter (@CDTA)