CDTA increases parking rates at the rail station for the first time in 10 years
ALBANY, NY (January 25, 2023) – The Capital District Transportation Authority announced at its Board Meeting on Wednesday, January 25 there will be parking rate changes at Rensselaer Rail Station. The rates are reviewed for adjustment every few years. Rate changes were approved by CDTA’s Board of Directors in early 2020 but were delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With travel resuming and parking rates at the station falling behind comparable facilities, rate changes will go into effect on Monday, April 3, 2023. Parking rates at Rensselaer Rail Station were last increased in April 2013. The new rates will allow CDTA to keep up with maintenance and improvements at the rail station and its associated facilities.
Rensselaer Rail Station Parking Rate Changes:
- Garage Rate – Daily rate will increase from $12.00 to $14.00. The rate for 7 consecutive days will be $70.
- Surface Lot A – Daily rate will increase from $8.00 to $10.00. The rate for 7 consecutive days will be $50.
- Surface Lot B – Daily rate will increase from $7.00 to $10.00. The rate for 7 consecutive days will be $50.
- Surface Lot C – Daily rate will increase from $8.00 to $10.00. The rate for 7 consecutive days will be $50.
- Customers with Disabilities – Will pay half Daily Rates and 7 consecutive day rates.
Customers can park on the Top Deck free of charge for one hour. The parking garage and surface lots costs $2 per hour until the daily maximum is reached.
Anyone needing more information about parking rates at Rensselaer Rail Station should contact CDTA’s Customer Information Center at 518-482-8822. Customer service representatives are on duty 6am-7pm weekdays and 8:30am-6pm Saturday and 8:30am - 5pm Sunday and holidays.