You may reserve trips seven (7) days a week with either a representative or by leaving a message for a representative to call you back. To make a reservation you may contact a representative Monday through Saturday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm by calling (518) 482-2022. On Sundays, from the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, please leave a message and a representative will call you back within 1 hour. When you call to make a reservation for the next day before 4:00 pm you must always callback after 7:00 pm to confirm your trip(s).
Please consider the following guidelines:
For your convenience, reservations can be made in one of three ways:
- By Telephone - Call STAR at (518) 482-2022 and choose menu option 3. (TDD (518) 482-9024), daily from 9:00 am to7:00 pm.
- By Fax – Fax the trip request to (518) 437-8391 during the reservation hours, Monday through Friday only.
- By E-Mail – E-mail the trip request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When making a reservation, please provide the following information so we can assist you:
- Pick up location: “Where are you starting out?” (“Which door?”etc)
- Destination: “Where are you going?” (“Which door?”etc)
The amount of time needed to get from the drop-off location to the destination: “How much time do you need to get from the drop-off point to your destination?”
Note: Trip reservations sent by fax or e-mail are officially confirmed only after a STAR reservationist calls you to confirm.
- Identity mobility aid: “Do you use a mobility aid?” “What type of device is it?”
- PCA or companion: “Will a PCA or companion be riding with you?”
- If a companion is riding: “Is the companion a child? Is the child under the age of 12? Is the child under the age of 4?
- Return trip: “Will you be returning?” If ‘yes’, be sure that information required above is applied to the return trip.
- Special instructions: “Are there any special instructions that we should give the driver? (i.e. If assistance is needed from the door it must be confirmed at time of reservation.)
- All contact numbers related to this trip: cell phone, home and/or office number.
STAR will commit to providing you with a pick-up time within one hour before or one hour after your initial pick-up time request, as allowed by the ADA. While making telephone STAR trip reservations, STAR reservationists will attempt to arrange for a pick-up time as close as possible to the one requested. Please make sure your reservationist has accurate information about time constraints, such as when a class or your workday begins or ends.
In the event that STAR is fully-booked at the requested pick-up time, reservationists will then attempt to arrange an alternate pick-up time within one hour before or one hour after the initially-requested pick-up time.
The return trip (for round trips) or subsequent trips in a multi-destination trip should be requested at the same time the first pick-up is planned. Please anticipate the latest possible time for the return trip pick-up, keeping in mind the allowable 25-minute STAR pick-up timeframe, (scheduled time plus 25 minutes).