Service Changes Begin on Sunday, January 30, 2022
ALBANY, NY (January 10, 2022) CDTA will make several service changes on Sunday, January 30, 2022 to add new routes and modify existing service. All service adjustments listed will begin on Sunday, January 30, 2022 (except Route #11 and #115 which begin on Tuesday, January 18, 2022). Also, beginning January 30, 2022, FLEX fares will be reduced to $1.50 per trip in the Colonie, Latham and Guilderland FLEX Zone.
CDTA introduced FLEX to the Capital Region in January of 2020 and allows customers to enjoy curb-to-curb service within specified zones by downloading the free TransLoc App and requesting a ride or by calling CDTA. The program currently operates in Colonie, Guilderland, Latham, Clifon Park, Halfmoon and Mechanicville.
- Route #1 (Central Avenue) - frequency will be every 15 minutes on weekdays and weekends from Downtown Albany to Colonie Center. Frequency on Wolf Road to Sand Creek will be every 30 minutes.
- Route #11 (SUNY Shuttle) - service will operate via ETEC and Harriman Campus seven days a week.
- Route #12 (Washington Avenue) - weekday frequency will increase to 15 minutes between 7:00am – 9:00 am.
- Route #18 (Delaware Avenue) - all trips will terminate at Slingerlands Price Chopper.
- Route #115 (UAlbany Campus-Downtown Albany) – this new route will connect the UAlbany Campus Center and Downtown Albany via Western Avenue & Madison Avenue.
- Route #117 (Colonie Crosstown) - Saturday service will be eliminated. Customers can use FLEX service as an alternative.
- Route #190 (Fuller Road – Wolf Road) - Saturday service will be eliminated. Customers can use FLEX service as an alternative.
- Route #214 (Rensselaer/Amtrak) - service to Van Rensselaer Square will be eliminated; customers can use Route #224 to get to the Square.
- Route #450 (Schenectady – Wilton via Route 50) – service will terminate at the Wilton Walmart after 9:00pm on weekdays/ and after 6:00pm on Sundays.
- Route #523 (Exit 23/McCarty Express) - morning frequency will be 10 minutes; midday frequency will be 50 minutes; afternoon frequency will be 10 minutes.
- Route #524 (Broadway/Menands Express) - midday frequency will be 50 minutes.
- Route #525 (Albany Riverfront Express) - service will extend to the Empire State Plaza concourse. Morning frequency will be 15 minutes; midday frequency will be 50 minutes; afternoon frequency will be 10 minutes.
- Route #530 (Exit 26 P&R) - – route now serves Broadway & Steuben Street in Downtown Albany instead of Broadway & Hudson Ave
- Route #922 and #923 (Blue Line BRT) - southbound service will begin at 4:00am; northbound service will begin at 5:00am.
Minor timing adjustments will be made to the following routes and schedules: Please check trip times