Front Door Boarding and Fare Payment to Follow Shortly
ALBANY, NY (July 6, 2020) - CDTA will introduce an updated service plan that will increase frequencies on major trunk routes and gear the system up for people returning to work as the region continues the reopening process. The changes are part of a thoughtful and phased approach to help customers feel safe secure as they ride with CDTA.
CDTA will make major changes to service levels on Sunday, July 12, 2020, when most trunk routes will return to full service. Some trunk routes will see more frequency than pre-COVID levels as we work to ensure social distancing can occur. At the beginning of April, average weekday ridership went from 55,000 to under 25,000. Boardings have slowly inched back to over 30,000 per day. The service additions in July are designed for at least 40,000 boardings as we anticipate people returning to work and normal activities resuming. Social distancing and the safety of bus operators are top priorities and area factored into our anticipation of ridership, capacity and the resources we need to move forward.
In late July, early August, CDTA will return to front door boarding and resume fare collection on all buses. Specific details will be provided in the coming weeks. In the next few weeks, CDTA will begin to install protective barriers on all buses. This will protect bus operators and improve the safety and security of our system. Once the installation of barriers begins, the fare collection process can resume. CDTA has not collected fares since April 6 when it instituted rear door only boarding.
Updated service information and our COVID-19 response can be found at www.cdta.org and our social media channels Facebook (@ridecdta), Twitter (@cdta), Instagram (@cdta), YouTube (CDTA) and Linked In (Capital District Transportation Authority)
All service adjustments listed will begin the week of July 12th. Routes not listed will continue to operate with the same service levels. Express services on routes #520, #522, #530, #531 will continue to be on pause for the time being.
- Route #1 (Central Avenue) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- Route #6 (Second Avenue – Whitehall Road) – Will resume regular weekday schedule.
- Route #7 (Albany / Glenmont) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- Route #10 (Western Avenue) – Will resume regular weekday schedule.
- Route #22 (Albany – Troy via Watervliet) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- Route #80 (Troy Fifth Avenue) – Frequencies will be improved for weekdays and Saturdays.
- Route #85 (Waterford – Troy) – Will resume regular weekday schedule, along with frequency enhancements on weekends.
- Route #114 (Madison Avenue – Washington Avenue) – Will resume regular weekday schedule.
- Route #182 (Troy – Albany via Cohoes and Latham) – Will resume regular weekday schedule, along with frequency enhancements on weekends.
- Route #353 (Scotia – Mt. Pleasant) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- Route #370 (Troy / Schenectady) – Will resume the regular weekday schedule.
- Route #450 (Schenectady – Wilton via Route 50) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- Route #905 (BusPlus Red Line) – Frequencies will be improved throughout the schedule on weekdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- FLEX On-Demand Transit – Will extend hours on weekdays until 11:30pm and operate on Sundays from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- Route #190 (Fuller Road – Wolf Road) – Service frequency will be reduced to every 2 hours on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Route #451 (Ballston Spa – West Saratoga) – New turnaround at the south end will now occur at either Quad Graphics or the Saratoga YMCA. Connections to the #450 will allow for service to Ballston Spa.
- Route #452 (Skidmore College – Wilton Mall) – Reroute service near Marion Ave. Route will now turnaround at Fresh Market Plaza. Transfers to the #450 will allow for connections to Wilton Mall.
- Route #763 (Albany/Schenectady via Route 20) – Reroute service near Crossgates Mall. Service will operate between Mohawk Harbor, Schenectady, and Crossgates Mall. Customers needing to continue to Albany can transfer to the #10, #12, #114.
- Route #117 (Guilderland – Colonie Crosstown) – Service will no longer operate west of Crossgates Mall. Customers should consider CDTA FLEX service as an alternative. Service will operate every 90 minutes weekdays and Saturdays.
- Route #155 (Suburban Circulator) – Weekday service and midday weekend trips are eliminated. Customers should considered FLEX as an alternative due to extended hours.
Timing Adjustments: Trip start times will be modified starting on July 12th, please check schedules to verify arrival and departure times.
July 12, 2020 SERVICE CHANGES
|6||Second Ave / Whitehall Rd||X|
|13||New Scotland Ave||X|
|22||Albany-Troy via Watervliet||X|
|80||Fifth Avenue||X||Route #85|
|114||Madison Ave/Washington Ave||X||Route #10 east of Allen Street; Route #12 on Washington Ave|
|182||Troy/Albany via Cohoes/Latham||X|
|190||Fuller Rd/Wolf Rd||X||Flex|
|214||Rensselaer Third St /Amtrak||X|
|351||Van Vranken Ave/Broadway||X|
|450||Schenectady/Wilton Mall vis Rte 50||X|
|451||Ballston Spa/W Saratoga||X||Connections to the #450 will allow for service to Ballston Spa.|
|452||Skidmore/Wilton/D'Town Saratoga||X||Transfers to the #450 will allow for connections to Wilton Mall.|
|763||Albany/Schenectady via Route 20||X||Riders needing to continue to Albany can transfer to the #10, #12, #114 or other routes to make the end destination.|
|905||BusPlus Red Line||X|